Yes, we know how it’s like to get caught up in an exciting game and not wanting to stop until you finish all levels. Video games are quite addictive and time consuming, but have you ever thought about the health risks associated with prolonged sitting and concentration?
If you follow some of these tips you can do all the gaming you like without any health related risks.
- Take a break between missions and do some physical activity like walking.
- Do a full body stretch every 3 hours.
- Use foam balls to exercise your wrists and release all that tension in your fingers.
- Make sure you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep everyday.
- Rotate your neck or do a couple of neck stretches every 2 hours.
- Stare at any bright colored distant thing(s) or an object for 20 seconds, every 30 minutes when gaming.
- Use a good quality headphone and keep the volume on a safe level (not too loud of course).
- Don’t get caught up in the game so you would skip meals, not eating for a more than 6 hrs increases your risk of getting diabetes!
- Drink green tea without sugar. Green tea can reduce stress and help you relax.
- Keep your eyes hydrated. Use an eye lubricant or freshening eye drops, since prolonged staring and concentration on a screen can dry out your eyeballs.