This filling and nutritious veggie burger is quick to prepare and won’t leave you reaching for an calorie packed dessert. Packed with quinoa, black beans, nutritional yeast, and flavorful spices, it’s a winning burger for both taste and nutrition. Quinoa is a complete protein and both it and black beans are high in fiber, making this meal great for digestion and heart health too.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands or a fork to mash beans and thoroughly mix. (This should form a paste-like mixture that is easy to shape into patties.)
- Divide mixture into four equal balls, and form each into a patty between 1/4- and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium oven-safe saucepan over high eat, cook patties in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the saucepan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve patties on whole-grain buns or over fresh greens with desired toppings.