Since winter is on its way and that means drier skin, go on a buttery lip gloss making kick this weekend. These are so fun and really simple to make, not to mention the chocolate lip gloss feels like you’re smearing liquid peppermint brownie all over your lips (highly recommended)!
- Chapstick or lip gloss containers
- Colored paper, ribbon, tape, nail polish to decorate (optional)
1 tb coconut oil
1 tb cocoa butter
1 tb beeswax (2 tsp for a softer butter)
1 tsp cacao powder (for chocolate, optional)
2-4 drops essential oil, peppermint (optional)
5 drops progest E (optional)
1) Finely chop cocoa butter, measure 1 tablespoon.
2) Finely chop beeswax, measure 1 tablespoon.
3) Combine in saucepan coconut oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, and cacao powder (optional). Allow to melt, stir, pour in chapstick or lip gloss containers to cool and harden.
4) Let chapstick/lip gloss cool for about 5-10 minutes before decorating.
*1 recipe makes approximately 4 containers of lip butter.