Fried Mac and cheese
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1Table Spoon butter
- 1 Table Spoon flour
- 1 Cup milk, warmed
- 1/2 lb. Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 lb. Smoked Gouda
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat and sprinkle in the flour. Mix together stirring slowly for about 2 minutes. Add in warmed milk and stir to get rid of lumps. cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in cheese, stir until melted and smooth. Add some salt and pepper. Pour cheese over macaroni and stir to combine. Pour into a shallow pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make macaroni and cheese into balls using an ice cream scoop. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight.
- Mix together egg and 1 Tbsp milk to make a wash in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and seasoning together and place in a shallow bowl. Dip macaroni and cheese balls into egg and then cover with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry macaroni and cheese balls until they are golden brown and cooked through. About 5 minutes.